Singing Hills Christian Church is a church where we are trying to follow the God of the Bible. We welcome you on our journey. We’re glad you are considering worshipping with us.
Sometimes looking for a church can be hard as you try to wade through all of the different options out there. Singing Hills is a great choice. We simply believe the Bible is the Word of God and is His invitation to get to know Him.
God put on flesh in the form of Jesus. As Creator of all things, Jesus lived a sinless life on earth, died for our sins and arose victoriously from the dead to live & reign on our behalf as the only means to a relationship with God (John 1:1-5, 14; Rom. 5:8; 1 Cor. 15:1-8; Eph. 1:20-21; Phil. 2:5-11; 1 Tim. 2).
About the Bible
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and it is the highest authority for all believers as it defines our moral framework individually and as a local church (Acts 2:42; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
Every person has worth to God (2 Peter 3:9), but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Those accepting Jesus as Lord & Savior must understand that salvation is initiated by God’s GRACE (Ephesians 2:8). Our response to Him to be rescued from the punishment of our sins is multifold:
- Through FAITH in Jesus as our sole Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- With REPENTANCE to Jesus, which involves a submissive change of mind toward God (Acts 2:38; 3:20)
- With VERBAL CONFESSION to God & others of Jesus’ lordship before & after conversion (Romans 10:9)
- At BAPTISM into the name of Jesus and the Triune Community for a new start on life (Matt. 28:18-20; John 3:1-16; Acts 2:36-39; 16:25-34; Romans 6:3-6; Titus 3:3-8; 1 Peter 3:18-22)
- In the power of God’s SPIRIT TO SERVE others and boldly proclaim God’s message of hope in one’s life (John 14:15-31; Acts 4:23-31; Romans 8; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; Ephesians 6:13-20; 1 Peter 3:15)
- With OBEDIENCE to Jesus’ commission to make disciples of all people (Matthew 28:16-20; Romans 12:1-2).
About the Church
The Church is a living organism made up of people of common faith in Christ Jesus. It is God’s community of faith, existing to disciple people to Christ by evangelizing them and equipping them to participate in expanding God’s Kingdom (Acts 2:42; 4:32-35; Eph. 2:6; 3:10-11; 4:11-16)
About Christ’s Reappearing
Jesus Christ will one day become visible to all, bringing life to those who have died in Christ, and gathering them with those still alive in Christ to be forever with Him in God’s heaven (Acts 1:1-11; 3:21; 1 Cor. 11:23-26; 1 Thes. 4:13-18; 2 Peter 3:10-13).
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week and welcome all followers of Jesus to participate. (Luke 22:14-20)