Current Bible Study Opportunities
Adult Bible Studies
- New Classes Coming Up – Sign up March 9th and 16th in the Auditorium!
Beginning April 13th, we will be studying: “1st & 2nd Peter and 1st, 2nd & 3rd John”, “How to Study the Bible”, “Family Life: ‘The Easter Experience’ by Kyle Idleman”, and “‘Life & Ministry of the Messiah’ and ‘With All Your Heart’ 2 video series by Ray Vander Laan”.
- “not a fan”, video series by Kyle Idleman
Jan 26 is the beginning of the “Not A Fan” series, which is designed to help us grow in our walk with Jesus. We all have room to improve our commitment to the One who gave His life for us.
It is the goal of the SHCC Leadership that everyone participate in this vital series. We realize this may require some adjustments to your routine and your commitment level as we take a big picture approach for this 6 week period.
We are providing as many opportunities necessary so that everyone can participate. Here is a list of current opportunities with day, time and location:
- Sunday School Hour: February 2nd-March 9th at 8:30 AM in Conference Room A.
- SHARE Groups: beginning January 26th - Sunday at 12:00 pm & 6:00 pm, Monday at 7:00 pm, Tuesday at 7:00 pm, Wednesday at 12:30 pm & 6:30 pm, and Friday at 4 pm (Youth) & 7:00 pm. For more information on the location of these groups, please call the church office at 503-640-2822 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will offer other choices as needed. See Mike Heisler or Bob Guthrie to schedule. We look forward to a great time of growth and commitment in our walk with Jesus.
- Paul’s Children: Timothy & Titus | Leader: Leroy Hulse
Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m., Starting December 22nd, in the Fellowship Hall
A study of Paul’s instruction given to Timothy and Titus about the church.
- Family Life: Parenting Class “Future Family” | hosted by Jim & Susie Swanson
Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m., Starting February 16th, in the Kids’ Club Room
Family. We all have one.
While some of us loved our ‘growing up’ years, others of us couldn’t wait to move out and start fresh.
Either way, we want our Future Family to be a step up from our families of origin. Most of us want something better for our children.
When it comes to family, what does a preferred future look like? What exactly are we aiming for?
- imMANuel means God With Us; Men’s Morning Bible Study | Hosted by Marv Schrom, Bob Guthrie, Korlan Tosch, and Rob Dressler
This is an informal study of men of the Bible, designed to help the group learn and grow as men, husbands, and fathers. Learn from the lives of Joseph, Joshua, Daniel, Gideon, David, Paul, and Peter, among others. This will be a great opportunity to meet other men and build relationships as we gather, grow, and serve.
More information on our next study, coming soon!
- Seniors’ Bible Study/SHARE Group | Leaders: Dick Halaas and Marv Schrom
Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., September 4 – June 25, in the Fellowship Hall
It’s thoughtful Bible study based on the most recent sermon topic, lively discussion, and wonderful fellowship for our seniors who meet weekly, each Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Cookies and coffee are always on the table! Begins
Choose a class and make a difference in your life and in the life of the church. Sign up in the foyer today.
6th-8th Grade, downstairs, Main Building
9th-12th Grade, Youth Room, downstairs Office Building
Youth Website: Insight Youth
3 yrs. – 5th Grade, Various Rooms
Children’s Website: Singing Hills Kids