To apply for these positions, please send resume with four references to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering this position. This is a 10hr a week part-time paid staff position. You must have a desire to worship God and lead people to do the same.
We believe worship is not just about music but a heart position toward God. We desire our Worship Leader to carry those same qualities and perspectives in their leading on Sunday morning.
- You should have the ability to organize a service that will free people from distraction.
- You should have the ability to work in a team environment with other musicians and singers to develop a team atmosphere.
- There is freedom to assemble a team of people, both from the church and the broader community of believers.
- You will work directly with the Sr. Minister to combine themes and teaching for Sunday morning.
- This has the potential to work into a full-time position depending on skill set and desire.
- You should have an understanding in the event of expected growth we may add additional services which would be included in your responsibilities.
About Singing Hills Christian Church: We are a recognized church in Hillsboro, going through some exciting changes in 2017-18. We have recently hired a new Sr. Minister and are looking to grow. Our desire is to make an impact in the community where we live and serve in powerful ways for the Kingdom of God. We also love serving internationally with annual mission trips to Mexico, as well as other places abroad. To “Live Intentionally and Love Courageously” is our vision for the church as we strive together for the glory of God.
Pay: $600.00 per month, Part-time position, 10 hours/week.
Children Minister/Youth Coordinator
Thank you for considering this position. It is a 30 hrs. a week part time position with potential to move into a full time role with benefits in the future.
The Current Situation: We have a wide range of volunteers currently assisting and leading the ministry work. This Minister/Coordinator would be stepping in to oversee and assist the current happenings detailed below.
The Need: We need the applicant to organize and communicate well with people. They should have a good grasp of the various aspects of our Youth and Children’s programming and be able to assist and teach in a wide range of ages as the need arises. This person will be working closely with the Sr. Minister in weekly meetings and further training and support as needed.
These are the areas that would need to be overseen:
* Volunteers: 2yrs – 3yrs during our 10:30 am worship service. Checking in weekly with the current volunteers to make sure they have all they need for teaching and lesson planning.
* Event Coordination: This is our Jr. High and High School (6 – 12th Grade) Discipleship Groups that meet weekly. They need assistance in organizing events and keeping up with volunteer communication.
* Volunteers: This is our Wednesday evening children’s program (4yrs – 5th grade). This person should get to know what the volunteer need is and make sure all the spots are filled on a weekly basis.
* Lesson Writing and Organizing service projects: We teach in “blocks” during our Wednesday program because we want to be intentional about outreach and service after a teaching block is finished. (i.e. We teach on a topic for 4-6 weeks then use the following week for application.) This role would include writing these teaching block lessons and organizing the service or outreach project.
* Organize and Help Teach: We are transitioning into a new model of Jr. Church. There will be a main worship and community (communion?) time. Then the kids will be transitioned into activity and class time. The responsibilities will be to organize the current volunteers and aid in the teaching as needed.
- Keep regular office hours.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Self-Motivated and timely.
- To be flexible with ministry needs and people.
- Management of teacher rotation and fill-ins.
- 30,000 – 35,000 per year (this number is based on an hourly estimation of your time)
- 1 week of paid personal leave
- 8 paid holidays