Children’s Ministry at Singing Hills Christian Church, is all about teaching kids the Word of God and training them up to love the Lord with all their heart, mind and strength. We also focus on being a disciple of Christ and sharing the Love of our life with our non-Christian friends and family.
We have a variety of classes and events for both kids and families to be involved in. We’re all about the family and want to partner with you as you’re raising your children to have a deeper relationship with the Lord.
The kids of this world are the next generation to make a difference for Christ. Let’s work together to share the love of Jesus with these precious little ones!
Let your light so shine before men, that they might see
your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.
Is your child sneezing, coughing, have a runny nose or fever? Please, do NOT bring your child to church activities if your child is sick or getting sick. We want to keep our kids (and our staff) healthy. Please remind your children to wash their hands with soap and water. Thank you!.
Our Sunday School hour is from 9:00am to 10:00am. We have classes for ages 3 years old to 6th grade. Each of our classes will get an overview of the entire Bible, Old Testament and New Testament stories. We want our kids to learn the stories, but we also want them to be able to apply God’s Word to their lives each and everyday.
We ask that parents pick-up children, ages 3 years to 6th grade, from their Sunday school class.
Nursery is available for 0-2 year olds during the Sunday School hour.
During Our 10:30 am Service
- Nursery, 0-1 years
- Wee Worship, 2’s and 3’s Class (for 2-3 year olds), Downstairs Main Building, Room 5
- Junior Church, 4 years (Pre-K) to 6th grade, Downstairs Main Building, Room 1
(After communion, the children are dismissed downstairs.)
Object lessons are taught during this time as a fun way to share God’s Word. The goal is for our kids to learn practical ways to share their Faith and help them with day-to-day life. If we have time, we close with an activity or game.
Kids’ Club is for ages 4 years old to 6th grade. We have two age groups:
Sparks (4 years thru 2nd grades) and Ignite (3rd thru 6th grades). We have Kids’ Club during the school year and then cancel for the summer months.
We will be teaching the kids to live out their Faith 24/7. We also have fun activities planned! These include Bible lessons, singing, games, crafts, prizes, and many other fun activities!
September – June we meet on Wednesday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Kids’ Club room. We have a Kids’ Club End of the Year Party in June, and then have fun events scheduled, at various times, throughout the rest of the summer. Please check the “Upcoming Events” below to see what fun events we have coming up.
For more information, please contact our Acting Children’s Ministry Facilitator:
Susie Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org
- 23 – VBS Youth Sunday – featuring VBS KIDS! They will lead us in worship, share the songs they learned this week
and will be recognized for their accomplishment! Your free group picture will also be available for pick up.
- 23-26 – 1st Chance Camp at Wi-Ne-Ma Christian Camp
- 9 – Play Fit Fun will be here (SHCC Grounds), 6:30-8:00 pm
- 20-26 – Third Junior Camp at Wi-Ne-Ma
- Background Check Form – for volunteers
- Letter to Parents – Children’s Ministry Rules
- Discipline, Liability and Medical Release Form (official from lawyer 2015-16)
If you love God and love kids, we’d love for you to join our team. We want to meet with you and see where you would fit best with the talents that God has entrusted in you! Please fill out the following form, if you are interested in being a volunteer, and submit it to the church office: Background Check Form
Here are some websites that we have found useful in ministry and family life. (We do not endorse everything that is on these websites.)
- VeggieTales.com – Veggie Tales
- Child Evangelism Fellowship
- ChildrensMinistry.com – Group Publishing
- Christianbook.com – Christian Materials
- FocusontheFamily.com – Focus on the Family
- FamilyLife.com – FamilyLife
- SmartStepFamilies.com – Smart Stepfamilies
- The Cap Movie Industry – Christian movie review site
- The Fish – Christian Radio Station
- Columbia Pacific Counseling
Kate Meredith, LPC
- Focus on the Family : 1-800-A-FAMILY