7th-12th Grade, Sundays, Youth Room, 9:00-10:00 am
Kardia Youth Group
Join us for a time of worship, games, a lesson and food in the Youth Room.
Summer Meeting Times
- Junior High (7th & 8th grade) & High School (9th-12th grade) Kardia Youth Combined for Summer (Youth Room), Sundays, 6:00-7:30 pm
Fall-Spring Meeting Times
- Junior High (7th & 8th grade), Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 pm
- High School (9th-12th grade), Sundays, 6:00-7:30 pm
More About Καρδία
- Mission Statement
At Singing Hills Christian Church, we recognize the importance of inspiring the next generation for Jesus Christ. Passing this faith to children and youth is both a great responsibility and an incredible privilege. We are advocates for our youth, helping them to develop a personal faith in Jesus Christ, become critical thinkers and to reach their own generation and the world around them.
- Vision Statement
It is the goal of our Youth Ministry to help families develop a spiritual foundation that equips each member to live out the Christian lifestyle. Our vision for the Youth Ministry, is to develop a community of young people who are experiencing the joy of a relationship with God, who recognize God’s purpose for their life, and who seek to know God more. We desire our youth to make Him known to others while, simultaneously, building healthy friendships and experiencing meaningful fellowship. In general, we desire our Youth Ministry to enhance what parents are doing at home, but not entirely replace it.
- Meaning of Καρδία
Meaning of Καρδία
Unlike our own language, the ancient Greek language was an ocean of thought in only a drop of words. Literally the word Καρδία (kar-dee'-ah) means "heart", but it also means "the affective center of our being." Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." In this scripture Paul is asserting that Christ is the center of life, that no longer are we to live for ourselves, but instead for Christ. This is what Καρδία means. Just as the heart is the central pump in the body that moves the life blood throughout our veins, Christ is the pump in our spiritual lives that moves life and purpose through us.
Support Our Youth Group... Get Your Very Own Kardia Shirt
$12 Short-sleeved T-shirts (regular and missy fit)
$16 Long-sleeved T-shirts
Contact Chad or the church office to get yours...Chad@singinghills.org / (503) 640-2822.
- 19 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 20 - Night Strike, 5:00 pm More info...
- 23 - Rake and Run (Meet at Church), 1:00 pm
- 23 - No HS Kardia tonight
- 26 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 28 - Guys All-nighter (Off Campus)
- 28 - Girls All-nighter (at Singing Hills)
- 30 - HS Kardia youth, 6:00 pm
- 2 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 3 - Night Strike, 5:00 pm More info...
- 6 - Costume Party
- 9 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 11-13 - Mazama Lodge
- 13 - No HS Kardia Youth tonight
- 16 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 18-20 - Youth Mazama Lodge Trip (Mt Hood)
- 20 - No HS Kardia Youth tonight
- 23 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 27 - No HS Kardia Youth tonight
- 30 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 1 - Night Strike, 5:30 pm More info...
- 4 - HS Kardia youth, 6:00 pm
- 7 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 11 - HS Kardia youth, 6:00 pm
- 14 - JH Kardia Youth, 6:30 pm
- 15 - Night Strike, 5:30 pm More info...
- 18 - Kardia White Elephant Christmas Party
- 21 - Fun JH Kardia Outing
- 25 - No HS Kardia Youth tonight (Merry Christmas!)
- 28 - No JH Kardia tonight
- 31 - Jan 1 - New Year's All Nighter
- 17 - Dinner Theater
- 18 - Dinner Theater
- Columbia Pacific Counseling
Kate Meredith, LPC
- Focus on the Family
- SHCC Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release form
In order for your child to participate in youth activities, you will need to fill out the Singing Hills Christian Church Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release Form.
- Background Check Form