Welcome! Καρδία (Kardia) is for Jr. High and High School Youth, 6th - 12th grade!
From 9:00-10:00 am, youth meet for Bible study in the Youth Room, downstairs office building area.
Youth, please join us from 6:00-7:30 pm, in the Youth Room, for a time of worship, games, a lesson and food.
Junior High Fun Nights! NEW THIS SUMMER . . .
For students in or going into Middle School. We will meet on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, on the following dates:
- August 5th & 19th
Don't miss this fun time!
"Digging Deep" High School Bible Study
Due to popular demand, we will continue to meet regularly during the summer at Chad's house (Tuesdays at 12 pm) on the following dates: August 4, 11, 18, & 25.
High School Collide
For High School students. We meet on the first Thursday of the month from 6:30-8:00 pm. Come chat and hang out with us, play games and have a home cooked meal!
More About Καρδία
- Mission Statement
At Singing Hills Christian Church, we recognize the importance of inspiring the next generation for Jesus Christ. Passing this faith to children and youth is both a great responsibility and an incredible privilege. We are advocates for our youth, helping them to develop a personal faith in Jesus Christ, become critical thinkers and to reach their own generation and the world around them.
- Vision Statement
It is the goal of our Youth Ministry to help families develop a spiritual foundation that equips each member to live out the Christian lifestyle. Our vision for the Youth Ministry, is to develop a community of young people who are experiencing the joy of a relationship with God, who recognize God’s purpose for their life, and who seek to know God more. We desire our youth to make Him known to others while, simultaneously, building healthy friendships and experiencing meaningful fellowship. In general, we desire our Youth Ministry to enhance what parents are doing at home, but not entirely replace it.
- Meaning of Καρδία
Meaning of Καρδία
Unlike our own language, the ancient Greek language was an ocean of thought in only a drop of words. Literally the word Καρδία (kar-dee'-ah) means "heart", but it also means "the affective center of our being." Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." In this scripture Paul is asserting that Christ is the center of life, that no longer are we to live for ourselves, but instead for Christ. This is what Καρδία means. Just as the heart is the central pump in the body that moves the life blood throughout our veins, Christ is the pump in our spiritual lives that moves life and purpose through us.
Support Our Youth Group... Get Your Very Own Kardia Shirt
$12 Short-sleeved T-shirts (regular and missy fit)
$16 Long-sleeved T-shirts
Contact Chad or the church office to get yours...Chad@singinghills.org / (503) 640-2822.
- Καρδία Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm, Aug 2
- "Digging Deep" High School Bible Study (Chad's house), 12 pm, Aug 4
- Jr. High Fun Night, 6:30-7:30 pm, Aug 5
- Youth Group BEACH TRIP in Lincoln City (combined with HS Collide Dinner), Thursday, Aug 6
Contact Hunter to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brotherhood of the Bands, Sunday, August 9th
FYI...Our Singing Hills Youth are sponsoring a youth outreach Summer Band Competition for local area church youth bands.
- Καρδία Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm, Aug 9
- "Digging Deep" High School Bible Study (Chad's house), 12 pm, Aug 11
- Water-Palooza! @ Adventure Christian Church, depart SHCC @ 11:45am, Aug 15
Event from 1:00pm-5:00pm. Bring $2 donation + lunch money
- Καρδία Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm, Aug 16
- "Digging Deep" High School Bible Study (Chad's house), 12 pm, Aug 18
- Jr. High Fun Night, 6:30-7:30 pm, Aug 19
- Καρδία Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm, Aug 23
- "Digging Deep" High School Bible Study (Chad's house), 12 pm, Aug 25
- Καρδία Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm, Aug 30
- Fall Καρδία Kickoff, 6-7:30 pm, Sept 13
- Boise Bible College CONNECT , Oct 2nd & 3rd
2015 Middle School Conference. Theme: REVIVE
Bring: $35 for conference + $10 for gas + $? for meals during travel
- Columbia Pacific Counseling
Kate Meredith, LPC
- Focus on the Family
- SHCC Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release form
In order for your child to participate in youth activities, you will need to fill out the Singing Hills Christian Church Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release Form.
- Background Check Form